The NorthStar Group is a coaching and organization development consulting firm with strong dedication to delivering on the outcomes our clients want to achieve. Our clients include senior leaders and executives in the federal government, large Fortune 500 companies and small businesses in the private sector.
Our strength is in the broad spectrum of experience we bring through our partnerships with industry experts. Together, we have the business acumen, corporate and government leadership experience, deep knowledge and application of time-tested methodologies and approaches, and an ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels.
Working side-by-side with our clients, we have effectively enhanced their organizations in the areas of:
- Building leadership, team and staff skills and capabilities
- Increasing personal and professional effectiveness
- Planning strategically, executing pragmatically and measuring performance diligently
- Navigating, managing and implementing change
- Improving operational and organizational efficiency and effectiveness
- Clarifying purpose, values and commitments to action
Our Core Values
Our core values are the underpinning of our company culture and by which we are guided in fulfilling on our commitments to our clients:
- Integrity: Open and honest − building partnerships based on trust
- Customer Care: Listening to our clients and responding to their needs – always committed to excellence in customer satisfaction
- Agility: Being alert to change and moving quickly and decisively − meeting the challenges that emerge
- Learning: Continuously deepening and developing our knowledge and skills − ready for what’s next
- Quality: Getting it right the first time − the common denominator of all we do
We make it easy to do business with us!
Lois founded The NorthStar Group to fulfill her passion for optimizing individual, team and organization performance. Specializing in organization development and executive coaching, she works with her clients to help them increase their personal and professional effectiveness by bringing their actions into alignment with the desired goals and outcomes they have for themselves, their teams and their organizations.
Lois has served in senior corporate and consulting roles for over 30 years where she has applied her expertise in business operations, business development, strategic planning, change management, facilitation and coaching to improve organizational and operational efficiencies within a wide variety of government and industry organizations. As a certified coach with over a decade of professional experience, Lois has worked with government and industry leaders and executives to enhance their leadership competencies, and has developed practical solutions for individual and team effectiveness. Her work is informed by positive psychology theory and practice, cutting edge leadership and management research, neuroscience and somatics.
Lois earned a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree in Management and Economics from Dowling College and a Master of Science Degree in Organizational Leadership and Innovation from Marymount University. She is a certified coach through the International Coach Federation (ICF) and has earned the designations of Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC) from the Coaches Training Institute and Certified Master Somatic Coach (MSC) from the Strozzi Institute.